Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Commons --Proposed designs

Here are some of my sketches and designs for the mural we will be painting in The Commons. The project was proposed to me by Drew. I was just sitting at a meeting and someone was like we are going to commision you to paint these dividers in the dining room of the school. Later it was written in the school paper and it was official. I will be keeping you updated on the progress of the wall as much as a I can. Should take about three weeks.
This piece will be a tribute to Ble Le Rat who I met in Paris. He is one of the pioneers in stencil art and is an amazing stencil artist. Google his name.

This last piece is a picture I took in China(Harbin) and hope to turn into a stencil. You will see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know! what about a talking hamburger? -j

Anonymous said...

the commons is going to look hot.